Career Coach is EMSI’s web-based tool that connects students to careers via the college’s own website. By linking current and local occupation information with the college’s programs, Career Coach shows students how education and training lead to good jobs in the area.
Here at EMSI, we are always striving to improve our products. And for the past year we have been receiving great input on Career Coach. As a result, we are very pleased to announce some great new client-requested features. As we begin to roll these features out and make them available to you and your students, we would love your feedback!
1. New Analytics
First, we are very excited to add analytic capabilities and administrative components that will turn Career Coach into an impressive data collection tool for the college. The screenshot indicates how this will look.
- Understand key data about the site usage — length of visit, unique visits, top search terms, locations, etc.
- Change occupation to program mapping and descriptions
- Follow up with students and potential students who have expressed interest in a particular program or occupation.
Career Coach has always helped students learn more about you. Now you can learn more about them.
2. Updated Interface
Next, we are working on a new design that brings more valuable data to the student and dramatically lengthens the visit of the average user. The goal is to help visitors walk away with a deeper appreciation of how your college can prepare them for their dream jobs. The image below shows you our current vision:
Our goals with the new interface are to:
- Design a front page that helps students get started
- Provide the ability to view all jobs and programs
- Help students bookmark and compare their favorite careers
- Let students save data by logging in to the system. This also helps the college use Career Coach as a recruitment tool.
Watch our video for a quick tour of the updates we are working on.
Finally, EMSI will be talking about Career Coach at AACC. Luke Jankovic and Dr. Anne Kress, President of Monroe Community College, will be discussing Career Coach on Monday, April 23, 9:15-10:15 a.m. at AACC in Orlando, FL. Click here for more information.
If you would like to learn more and offer your feedback, EMSI will be hosting weekly webinars in May. Register with Char Scheibe (email@example.com) if you’d like to attend!
Thursday, May 3, 2:00 EDT/11:00 PDT
Thursday, May 10, 2:00 EDT/11:00 PDT
Thursday, May 17, 2:00 EDT/11:00 PDT
Thursday, May 24, 2:00 EDT/11:00 PDT
Thursday, May 31, 2:00 EDT/11:00 PDT