Analyst is a web-based tool that puts in-depth, local employment data and analysis in the hands of regional planners, researchers, and developers. Analyst gives you quick, easy access to EMSI’s well-known labor market data—the most comprehensive and up-to-date employment data available—and is a great starting point for making clear, data-driven decisions.
Analyst helps you ...
- Save time — Our staff of full-time data analysts collects, organizes, and integrates the data so you can actually spend your time using it.
- Find the data you need — With straightforward navigation and easy-to-pull reports, Analyst makes it simple to get the data you need.
- Get the most recent data — We update the data in Analyst four times a year, and every time we release an update, your account automatically gets upgraded.
- Conduct straightforward analysis — Produce your own analysis using our simple, easy-to-use interface to take advantage of current and complete industry, occupation, and demographic data.
- Better understand local education and training — Link local training programs to occupations and industries to see which programs are in high-demand and what’s needed to strengthen your region’s workforce.
- Explore skills and conduct re-employment scenarios — Quickly and easily understand the knowledge, skills, and abilities of local workers and match their compatibility with other regional job opportunities to see what retraining might be needed.
- Perform input-output analysis — Better understand the impacts of an industry’s expansion or contraction in your region, or simulate the effects that the event will have on other industries.
- Produce maps and compare regions — See how your region stacks up against others, learn what factors make other regions more competitive, and see what industries drive your region.
How Analyst works
Analyst draws on EMSI’s labor market data that’s used by hundreds of organizations across the US. The data is automatically updated four times a year, so when you use the tool you can be confident that you are accessing the most recent dataset available.
You can purchase data for any geographic area that interests you (county, MSA, ZIP, state, or custom region). Analyst is a subscription-based model that comes with your own regional representative and unparalleled Customer Service. Each organization that subscribes to the tool gets a login for up to 10 people. This includes data updates and functionality improvements over the course of the subscription period.