On the heels of last week’s STEM Training & Employment Notice, the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration has announced $10 million in competitive grants for workforce boards to develop STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) initiatives. More information is available on grants.gov under funding opportunity #SGA-DFA-PY-07-03. Phase I applications are due March 11, with awards expected to be announced in the fall. Only workforce investment boards (WIBs) and WIB consortia are eligible.
As a recent post showed (“Analyzing your region’s STEM occupations”), EMSI’s tools, reports, and consulting services are extremely useful for analyzing any regional STEM workforce. For any geographic area composed of counties or ZIPs, we can show:
- The hierarchy of occupational pathways/ladders in the STEM “career cluster”
- Labor market trends and forecasts for STEM occupations
- Relative concentration of STEM jobs in an area compared to state(s) and the U.S.
- Wage information for STEM occupations
- Recent postsecondary graduations in STEM-related programs of study
- Industries most likely to employ STEM workers
For EMSI’s current WIB clients, our Customer Solutions staff is available now to help you profile your region’s STEM workforce using Strategic Advantage. Let EMSI’s solutions add a data-driven punch to your STEM grant application — this support is included free as part of your Strategic Advantage subscription.
For WIBs which are not currently EMSI clients, we are available to provide labor market data and analysis in support of your application. Our flexible, cost-effective consulting services can provide you with a report for your region in less than a week. Please contact us (1-866-999-3674, 8-5 Pacific) for details and pricing.