Here’s a sampling of articles that have caught our eye this week:
- Fortune and CNNMoney.com discuss how community colleges are becoming the top option for green job training. This section stands out: “… because of their close ties to industry groups and employers, community colleges are often better able to gauge the changing economy, says Mindy Feldbaum, the author of ‘Going Green,’ a report on the role of community colleges in creating a green workforce. ‘They really understand the labor market and where there’s demand,’ she says.”
- AOL Jobs looks at where the jobs will be in 2010.
- Hiring in the advertising world is starting to pick up pace, according to this AdAge story.
- The New York Times‘ Economix blog has this post on how the highest jobless rate is again in Michigan.
- The Detroit Free Press has a special report on the stimulus’ minimal impact in Michigan and the Detroit area.