Here is a roundup of very recent news articles, commentaries, and studies that have caught our eye:
- CNNMoney.com looks at the increased interest in career changes and retraining among laid-off workers.
- The Kauffman Foundation has this release on its most read and debated studies of 2009. Topping the list: reports revolving around job creation and entrepreneurship.
- Experts and educators on a National Journal blog debate the Business Roundtable’s Springboard Project report, which EMSI highlighted in this post.
- The Community College Journal writes about community colleges and infusing displaced workers with new skills.
- The small wind turbine industry will double by 2013, this study says.