On June 9 at 2 p.m. EST (11 a.m. PST), EMSI will host a webinar to discuss our Economic Impact Study and how universities can take advantage of this resource to better market their institutions to parents, students, and states in a time of budget cuts.
In this presentation Annike Christophersen, EMSI’s VP of consulting services, and research economist Tim Nadreau will describe the study, what it seeks to measure, and how to roll out the results. They will also highlight two recent studies done for the University of Idaho and Kent State University.
EMSI has conducted some 1,000 of these studies over the past 10 years and we have seen colleges use it to support a wide variety of activities, such as:
- Increasing awareness and enhancing outreach activities,
- Demonstrating accountability, and
- Raising taxpayer support.
In a time of tight budgets, the information contained in the research is vital as colleges continue to lobby for additional support from their regions and states.
Goals of the webinar:
- Explain why doing an impact study is important;
- Talk about the measures that are included in the study;
- Give good examples of how to successfully roll out the results;
- Mention key talking points that your college president will want to focus on.
Contact Andrew Postell (firstname.lastname@example.org, 208-883-3500, ext. 1013) to register. Space is limited, so check your calendar and let us know if you are interested.