UPDATE (Dec. 11): The final version of the 2012.4 dataset is now available. See more in our updated release notes (PDF).
The beta, or preview, release of EMSI’s 2012.4 dataset is now available to subscribers of our web-based tools. The most significant changes in this release are updated versions of certain data sources.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Current Employment Statistics, up to Sept. 2012 (BLS). This dataset helps us form an estimate of final 2011 annual job averages ahead of final, detailed figures from QCEW.
- American Community Survey, 2011 (Census). This source helps us form estimates of self-employment primarily, and has other minor uses.
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q1 2012 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
- State Personal Income, 2011 and revised 2009-10 (Bureau of Economic Analysis). This source provides key information on total proprietor employment.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators (LED), Q3 2012 Release (Census). This source provides demographics by industry for jobs. (The given quarter is the date of release, not the reference quarter for the data itself.)
- State Industry Projections. A number of states have updated long-term industry projections: AK, AZ, DE, GA, ID, IL, MI, MO, NV, NY, NJ, OK, RI, VT, and UT. We collect long-term industry projections from each state on a regular basis.
QCEW 2011 onward (and CES) data are published in NAICS 2012 codes. EMSI currently converts QCEW 2011 back to NAICS 2007 codes. When more data are available in NAICS 2012 (probably by early 2013), EMSI will begin releasing all industry data in NAICS 2012.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about the new data, please contact Customer Solutions at (866) 999-3674 or via the online chat feature within EMSI Analyst.
For more on EMSI’s primary industry/occupation data source information, see the full data release notes (PDF).