This is the final version of our 2013.1 data release. The most significant changes in this release are updated versions of certain data sources.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Current Employment Statistics, up to Nov. 2012 (BLS). This dataset helps us form an estimate of final 2011 annual job averages ahead of final, detailed figures from QCEW.
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q2 2012 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators (LED), Q4 2012 Release (Census). This source provides demographics by industry for jobs. (The given quarter is the date of release, not the reference quarter for the data itself.)
- State Industry Projections. A number of states have updated long-term industry projections: AL, AR, CT, DC, KS, ME, MA, NE, NC, PA, TX, VA, and WI. We collect long-term industry projections from each state on a regular basis.
- National Input-Output Data (BEA/Census). Various data sources that inform the SAM model have been updated by the BEA/Census: NIPA tables (2011), Input-Output Accounts Annual Update (2011), Census of Governments (2010), Local Area Personal Income (2010, 2011), Consumer Expenditures Survey (2011).
QCEW and NAICS 2012
QCEW 2011 onward (and CES) data are published in NAICS 2012 codes. EMSI currently converts QCEW 2011 back to NAICS 2007 codes. When more data are available in NAICS 2012 (probably by early 2013), EMSI will begin releasing all industry data in NAICS 2012.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about the new data, please contact Customer Solutions at (866) 999-3674 or via the online chat feature within EMSI Analyst.
How Can I Access This Data?
The best way to get at all this new data is through Analyst, EMSI’s user-friendly web-based tool. Here is a video that shows how.