EMSI is pleased to announce the release of the “beta” or preview version of our 2013.2 data release. The most significant changes in this release are updated versions of certain data sources.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
• Current Employment Statistics, up to Feb. 2012 (BLS). This dataset helps us form an estimate of 2013 annual job averages ahead of final, detailed figures from QCEW.
• Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q3 2012 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
• Quarterly Workforce Indicators (LED), Releases as of March 2013 (Census). This source provides demographics by industry for jobs. (Different states have a different data release schedule.)
• State Industry Projections. A number of states have updated long-term industry projections: AL, CO, GA, IN, MN, NJ, and NY. We collect long-term industry projections from each state on a regular basis.
• National Input-Output Data (BEA/Census). Various data sources that inform the SAM model have been updated: NIPA tables (2012), Current Population Survey (2010-11).
• Demographics: We now use updated Census population estimates for the intercensal period (2000-2010) and for 2012.
QCEW and NAICS 2012
QCEW 2011 onward (and CES) data are published in NAICS 2012 codes. EMSI currently converts this data back to NAICS 2007 codes. EMSI is planning to move all data to NAICS 2012 in our 2013.4 or 2014.1 release.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about the new data, please contact Customer Solutions at (866) 999-3674 or via the online chat feature within EMSI Analyst.
Primary Industry/Occupation Data Source Information
This table contains information on our major data sources used for each EMSI release.