The “beta” version of EMSI’s 2013.3 data release for Canada is now available in Analyst, EMSI’s labor market research tool. The most significant change in this release is the use of updated versions of key data sources, particularly the inclusion of data from the 2011 National Household Survey. Download the complete release notes here.
Analyst users can switch to 2013.3 beta in the dataset menu in the toolbar at the bottom of the Analyst screen.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Canadian Business Patterns (CBP) (June 2013)
- National Household Survey 2011
- Survey of Employment, Payrolls and Hours (SEPH) (May 2013)
- Labour Force Survey (LFS) (2012)
Classification and Methodology Changes
In addition to source updates, definitions for industries and geographies have changed, based on new data from Statistics Canada.
- Industries are now characterized by NAICS 2012 (previously NAICS 2007)
- Geographies are now based on SGC 2011 (previously SGC 2006)
These definition changes should have minimal effects on the data presented in Analyst. If you have any questions about the changes, please contact your customer service representative.