EMSI has just released a new guidebook, Contextualizing Real-Time and Traditional Labor Market Data. In the report, we discuss how to gain crucial context by harmonizing job postings (which measure the intentions of some firms) with traditional labor market information (which measures the actions of all firms) and connecting both of them with hiring data.
- Key definitions of real-time labor market information (what EMSI refers to as job posting analytics) and traditional labor market information
- Strengths and weaknesses of JPA and LMI
- How to combine LMI and JPA to provide context and helpful detail to labor market analysis
- Occupations that are commonly overrepresented or underrepresented in job postings
- Examples from EMSI clients on how to use JPA, LMI, and hiring data for maximum results
- How EMSI approaches LMI and JPA in providing the best data available
Click here to download the full report.
Below is a video recording of the webinar we hosted on March 18. You can also view the PowerPoint slides via our SlideShare account.
Note: Some of the slides in the video don’t match perfectly with the audio.