EMSI’s latest quarterly release, 2015.1, is now available to Analyst clients. The most significant changes in this release are updated versions of certain data sources.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Current Employment Statistics, up to December 2014 (BLS). This dataset helps us form an estimate of 2014 annual job averages ahead of final, detailed figures from QCEW.
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q2 2014 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
Reprocessing of American Community Survey data with some improvements, including corrected handling of a few occupation classification changes, has resulted in some differences in self-employed / extended proprietor data (class of worker 3 and 4), compared to the 2014.4 release. The primarily affected occupations in the self-employed class are the following:
- 47-2021: Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- 47-2141: Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- 49-9099: Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers, All Other
Primary Industry/Occupation Data Source Information
This table contains information on our major data sources used for each EMSI release.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about the new data, please contact Client Services at 208-883-3500 or via the online chat feature within EMSI Analyst.