EMSI’s latest quarterly release, 2015.2, is now available to Analyst clients. The most significant changes in this release are updated versions of certain data sources.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Current Employment Statistics (State/Metro Release), March 2015 (BLS). This dataset helps us form an estimate of 2014 annual job averages ahead of final, detailed figures from QCEW.
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q3 2014 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
- Occupational Employment Statistics, 2014 (BLS). This is our primary source of local occupational employment and wage data, as well as national staffing patterns.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators, Q1 2015 Release (Census LEHD). This source provides local industry-based jobs by age, gender, race, and ethnicity. We combine it with other sources to produce our own estimates of jobs by demographic.
- State and Local Personal Income Reports, 2013 (BEA). These sources from the Bureau of Economic Analysis attempt to count every type of job and income in the country. They help us form estimates of self-employment and extended proprietor data, as well as some categories of non-QCEW employees.
- Infogroup business-level data. As of May 2015, EMSI has changed its source of business-level data from Equifax to Infogroup. We believe this change will give our customers more relevant and up-to-date information about local businesses.
There were no major methodology changes in this release.
Primary Industry/Occupation Data Source Information
This table contains information on our major data sources used for each EMSI release.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback about the new data, please contact client services at 208- 883-3500 or via the online chat feature within EMSI Analyst.