In part 2 of EMSI’s webinar series Helping Economic Developers Stand Out From the Pack, EMSI’s John Pernsteiner followed up Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development Research Director Bob Potts’ recent talk about using EMSI data and software to speed up and deepen research of the state economy.
Pernsteiner’s talk outlined how economic development professionals can successfully apply Potts’ same principles to their own regions. Pernsteiner answered a number of questions, including the following:
- How can data help economic development professionals prosper their regions?
- What are the challenges of using labor market data?
- What data sources are helpful, and how can you collect the data?
- What are some best practices for data analysis?
- What are some ways to best communicate your findings to businesses and local stakeholders?
The Challenges of Data
Where to Find Data
The data highlighted in this webinar series is available in EMSI Developer, the latest in the line of data software provided by EMSI. Designed specifically for economic developers, it offers tools for strategic planning, recruitment, workforce analytics, and a regional dashboard—along with national data at the county and ZIP code levels. For more information, click here. Or, to schedule a demo, please contact us.