As economic development professionals, you’re focused on improving your local economy and providing more opportunities to the people in your region. And, even though much of that progress is dependent on a solid understanding of your regional industry clusters, let’s be frank: You’re busy, and you may not have a professional researcher on staff.
So how can you gain a foundational understanding of your local industry clusters in a way that is quick, easy, and precise?
We’ve created a video that walks you step-by-step through an example of how to use EMSI Developer (our new software service designed specifically for economic development professionals) to find and prioritize your industry clusters in just a few clicks.
Here are some questions that are answered in the video:
- How can you tip your cluster analysis in favor of what is most important to your region, such as high earnings, job growth, or regional competitiveness?
- How are industry clusters ranked in Developer, and what do the scores mean?
- How can you identify what industries are included in a broad industry cluster?
- How can you find opportunities to strengthen existing clusters?
- How can you learn more about your industry clusters, such as where to find businesses to recruit and how to conduct a regional comparison?
For more information on how economic development professionals can benefit from using labor market data, read our e-book.
EMSI Developer is the latest in the line of data software provided by EMSI. Designed specifically for economic developers, it offers tools for strategic planning, recruitment, workforce analytics, and a regional dashboard—along with national data at the county and ZIP code levels. For more information, click here. Or, to schedule a demo, please contact us.