Emsi’s 2015.4 dataset, the latest quarterly data release for Analyst, is now available. In this data release, Analyst clients will see new data from some updated sources. There are also a couple of methodology changes.
Updated Data Sources in This Release
- Quarterly Census of Employment & Wages, Q1 2015 (BLS). This is the most complete source for wage and salary industry employment data.
- Current Employment Statistics, Nov. 2015 (BLS). This source helps create more accurate employment estimates for the current year.
- American Community Survey, Public Use Microdata, 2014 (Census). This dataset informs self-employment and extended proprietors data, and certain staffing patterns for QCEW and Non-QCEW Employees classes of worker.
- LEHD / Quarterly Workforce Indicators, Q2 2015 (Census). This data informs the age, gender, race, and ethnicity breakouts of the detailed industry and occupation datasets.
Primary Data Source Information
The following table summarizes our major data sources used for each EMSI release.
Methodology Changes and Fixes
- We improved our estimates of occupation earnings at the county level.
- We corrected an issue that caused employment to be significantly understated in gambling-grelated occupations within the industry “Local Government, All Other” (903999), which includes gambling establishments owned by local government entities.