Emsi is thrilled to announce brand new education-level and program filters in Profile Analytics. Now you can analyze the career outcomes associated with academic programs of various education levels—in both the regional and the national economy. Move beyond hypothetical program-to-occupation mappings and discover what your alumni (and alumni from other institutions) are doing with their degrees! This update opens the door to a wealth of new analysis related to student outcomes, and we couldn’t be more excited.
1. A program filter that lets you filter by 2-, 4-, and 6-digit CIP codes.
With the new filters, you can answer questions like:
- What are the career outcomes of our alumni from X program?
- What are the career outcomes of alumni from competing institutions that provide X program?
- What career outcomes are associated with various education levels?
- How are alumni across the country applying their degrees?
- How important is it to employers that their employees obtain certain levels of education?
- And more!
The Full Picture
While this new functionality is incredibly helpful for colleges and universities to start analyzing career outcomes, it’s important to note that only about a third of the profiles in Emsi’s profile database have this education-level and program detail.
For schools interested in analyzing more of their alumni in greater detail, we offer Alumni Outcomes—an additional matching service that compares your student records against our profile database. This matching process lets you analyze a much larger dataset of your alumni and their education-to-career outcomes—with the addition of variables like cohort year.