We’ve redesigned Emsi Developer to make it easier to the find the data and reports you need, and to be able to save those reports for later.
The layout is simpler. The navigation is more intuitive. And we’ve added a My Reports section—a way for you to save you favorite reports to your homepage.
These are big changes, and the feedback has been tremendous.
The redesign includes a new sidebar menu that makes it easier for users to browse reports. Now the report categories are displayed in the left-hand menu and the reports in that category are displayed as tiles on the page.
New Report Categories
We’re reorganized our data and reports in new, more intuitive report categories. Though different from what they previously were in Developer, these categories are more in line with the way our users typically think about our data.
Here’s a rundown of the categories:
- Regions: This section is home to our new economy overview report, regional comparison, our demographics table, report, and map, and more. It’s a great place to start your research.
- Industries: This is where you’ll find our cluster identification report, industry snapshot, table, and map, business recruitment and business case reports, and unemployment by industry.
- Occupations: This section includes our reengineered occupation snapshot, as well as our occupation table and map, workforce availability and skills transferability reports, and unemployment by occupation.
- Education: This is the go-to spot for data on postsecondary educational programs and completions as well as educational attainment.
- Input-Output: In this section you’ll find our I-O scenario tool, and reports and tables on industry purchases, sales, and multipliers. You can also download the regional matrix here. (Industry GRP, imports, and exports are available in the industry table in the Industries section.)
- Job Postings: This is home to our rich Job Posting Analytics report, tables, and map.
- Workforce Insight: This section houses our résumé/social profile database and talent attraction report so you can go deeper on the skills and job titles in your economy.
- Data Download: This includes our new data download functionality. Here you can do a CSV download to get data on multiple occupations or industries across multiple regions.
New ‘My Reports’ Section
Think of My Reports like a customizable homepage that you can add reports to, akin to bookmarking on your internet browser. Have a few favorite reports you use all the time? Now you can access them all from your home page in Developer. Adding or removing a report from My Reports takes a few seconds and can be done at any time.
To learn more about using My Reports, check out our guide on the Emsi Knowledge Base.
If you have any questions about this update or other things related to Developer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.