Emsi is pleased to announce the addition of data related to distance offered academic programs to Analyst. This new functionality—now live for Analyst users—provides data to help institutions address whether a program should be offered at distance capacity.
- The Institutional Completions Table now displays completions data by program type; including distance offered programs, non-distance offered programs, and all program types. This table now also features market share and growth YOY metrics to help users further analyze completions trends.
- The Program Market Demand report boasts several updates, now allowing the user to focus on the competitive landscape for a program of a specific modality.
- This data is only available for completions years 2013 and greater.
- As defined by IPEDS, a distance offered program is a program for which all the required coursework is able to be completed via distance education courses. All completions of this program are considered distance offered completions, meaning that even if 10/100 students completed the program online and 90/100 completed the program on campus, all 100 completions would be counted as distance offered completions.
To learn more about this new functionality and review practical applications, sign up for our webinar on December 6th.
1) Analyzing the competitive landscape to determine the proportion of institutions and completions attributed to distance offered programs vs. non-distance offered programs.
2) Reviewing completions trends over time to see if recent change stems from programs of a specific modality.
3) Understanding your competition, by specific institution, for a programs of a certain modality.
To learn more about about this new functionality, reach out to your Emsi representative or register for our upcoming webinar.