Panel Picker voting for SXSW EDU 2019 in Austin, TX is now open! We’re excited to announce that one of the proposed sessions includes Emsi’s own Luke Jankovic, executive VP of higher education. The session is titled: “Will Tracking Edu Outcomes Kill the 4-Year Degree?” and will feature thought leaders working at the intersection of education, data, and business. See below for more details.
Voting is open now through August 30 and makes up a big component (30%) of how sessions are selected for the conference. If you want to see this important conversation happen next March in Austin, please head on over to the SXSW EDU site and cast your vote!
(Note: You do not need to register for the conference in order to vote, but you will need to login to your SXSW account. Don’t have one? Sign up for free!)
A convergence of issues in education has created a system where the reporting and tracking of outcomes are critical. Beyond simply not knowing what the future of work will look like, education institutions have the pressure to prepare the next generation of workers and must be accountable for their results.
This panel will examine the obstacles in transitioning to outcome-based education, including data privacy, integrating with the private sector and state governments, and the benefits for students.
- You will understand the importance of tracking outcomes for the next generation of students.
- You will learn about how outcome-based education will better prepare your students for success.
- You will learn about new ways to integrate with existing data sources to improve your efforts towards outcome-based education.
- Michael Simpson, Co-founder and CEO, PAIRIN
- Matt Gee, CEO, Bright Hive
- Luke Jankovic, Executive Vice President of Higher Education, EMSI
- Susie Vaks DePianto, Senior Manager, Engineering, Google