I want to start by thanking you for being a customer or partner of Emsi, or for simply engaging in the conversation around our research. We learned so much from you all last year and together we made a significant difference in the lives of students, employees, and dislocated workers around the country. So thank you for a great 2018! We are grateful to have been able to work with you.
As we enter 2019, I’d like to highlight a few critical trends: some current, some emerging. Then I’ll share a few ways Emsi will be working with our customers to drive prosperity for millions of individuals. And you’re invited to join the grand opening of our new Dallas office!
- As noted by both Bloomberg and Inc., getting the right talent remains the No. 1 concern for CEOs.
- Companies are pushing the limits on where they scout for talent—globally, internally— and are even hiring part-time, no-college talent where they would traditionally require a full-time employee with a BA.
- College enrollment is still healthy (despite the strong labor market), yet…
- Institutions will see a shortage of students over the next five years, simply due to the lack of people as the birthrate declines.
- We believe these trends will drive the need for more just-in-time education (think lean manufacturing) that combines people skills with hard (technical) skills.
Given the above realities, here is what Emsi is doing to support our customers.
- GoRecruit – Launched in December 2018, GoRecruit provides employment outcomes data to help colleges demonstrate alumni success, engage prospective students, and drive enrollment.
- Emsi Global – On January 14, we will launch Emsi Global that provides access to labor market data for six countries: US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, India, and the Philippines. This is just the beginning as we plan to offer 25 countries by the end of Q1 and 60 countries by the end of the year.
- Easier site selection – Emsi has been powering decisions around site selection for some time now. Keep an eye out for further developments that help companies and brokers quickly answer the labor availability questions they face every day.
- … and so much more.
Dallas Office Grand Opening
In other cool news, Emsi is opening our Dallas office later this month. You are all invited to the grand opening on January 31! Please RSVP to Penny Rench by January 28.
I hope you are as excited about the coming year as we are. We see 2019 as heavy with opportunity to deliver labor market data that informs and connects people, education, and employers. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you or if you have any ideas on how Emsi can serve you better. Happy 2019!