We’re pleased to announce Emsi’s Resume Optimizer: a new skills-based prototype that will help people improve their resumes as they apply for new jobs. Now you can write clear, compelling resumes that feature the skills and competencies that employers value. What skills do you have? What skills are employers looking for? And which skills should you feature on your resume? Resume Optimizer answers all these.
- Compare the skills on your resume with job opportunities
- Discover which skills are the most important to highlight
- Get suggestions on which skills to add or remove
With millions of Americans freshly unemployed due to the COVID-19 shutdown, we want to do everything we can to help. If you’ve lost your job, are struggling to find work, or are otherwise affected by the economic crisis, check out Resume Optimizer.
A quick tour of Resume Optimizer
- Type or copy/paste your resume. (Or load the provided example if you like.)
- Enter a job title that you’d like to apply for so we can give you some resume tips.
- We’ll show you the skills that we found in your resume. If you entered a job title, we will categorize these skills for you.
- After choosing a job title, we will show you skills that are in demand but aren’t in your resume yet. If these skills apply to you, add them to your resume!
Resume Optimizer is a prototype. We will be working on enhanced versions in the near future, so please send us your feedback and suggestions on ways we can improve this new solution.
Resume Optimizer is built using Emsi Data and APIs, including our free Skills API. Sign up for free access to build your own tools like this.
Find more COVID-19 research, tools, and webinars on our COVID-19 resources page.